Tomorrow is Monday and school starts! The best part of this semesters is that it is my LAST ONE! Soon I will be applying to graduate and loving life. I also start my new job at the IRS on 9/2, so that is also an exciting new beginning. I am a bit nervous about the move, but I'm working in the same building and am getting a job directly related to having an MPA, which will be great.
The last semester of school lets me think critically about where I want to live and what work I want to go. Luckily for me, I think there are jobs open in most places, and I have some good connections both in DC and Minneapolis, which is great. Whether I ultimately end up in the public or private sector, I'm hopeful that I end up with a job that I love.
Props to my DC ladies Stephanie, Megan, and Tricia for making it a great last weekend before class. We had drinks at Bourbon in Adams Morgan, which I highly recommend. It had good music, but you could actually talk to your friends without shouting over them. Afterwards, we went to Grand Central for a bit of fun before heading home.
And now it's Sunday, Janai is supposed to come home tomorrow, and then school starts this week. Lucky for me, I have a four day weekend over Labor Day, so there is something exceptional to look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment