5.16.2008

Holy cow life moves fast! Last weekend I ended up going to AU graduation which was nice. Janai called and decided to go at the last minute (surprise, surprise) so I was forced to be up by 7:15 on Sunday morning to get to graduation before 8:15. It was a traffic "I don't know how to drive in DC" nightmare. I know traffic circles are confusing, but to blatantly ignore the rules...not cool. Being at graduation made me really sad about my wonderful friends who are graduating, but lucky for me they are ALL staying in DC. No complaints here. Later that day I had lunch with Catherine and then coffee with the gals even later. I was tired so I took at nap at Janai's. All and all a nice day.

I started summer classes this week. It was funny because in my budgeting class our professor had us watch an episode of Northern Exposure. I don't think I had ever seen a full episode. It was pretty funny. The one we watched was about the town having a mayoral election. Pretty funny stuff. Reminded me of home (where I am going next Wednesday!).

A few self observations, as of late:
  • I walk so ridiculously fast at all times, AND get mad when others don't walk as fast as me in the metro. This realization is undoubtedly exacerbated by the exponential numbers of tourist who are filling this city each day.
  • I bought a new digital camera yesterday. I was proud of myself because I spend slightly more money than I was planning, but bought a really nice Canon Elph. Usually I would buy the cheaper version but am trying to focus on QUALITY!
  • I spend so much of my life going from place to place that my new commuting bag is not unlike Mary Poppin's carpet bag. Because I work out at work every day but Tuesday and pack my own breakfast and lunch every day PLUS dinners on Wednesday and Thursday, can you imagine how much crap I am carrying around the streets of Washington on a regular basis? On Wednesday for instance I had all three of my textbooks, my workout clothes, breakfast, lunch, AND dinner (mostly in Tupperware), my cell phone, ipod, wallet, kleenex, gum, pens, pencils, highlighters, my planner, and a few other odds and ends. This does not bode well for my future posture which I am sure is being wrecked by my bag o' necessities!

The rundown of last week is as follows: class Monday and Wednesday after work, laundry on Tuesday night, coffee with one of my friends on Thursday followed by dinner with Janai. Tonight I am staying AT HOME because I have class Saturday and Sunday from 10-5 and I am TIRED. Thank heavens I like being busy. =)

I feel like there are more potentially fun updates, but I have to make it through the weekend first! I'm going to be in MN next week from Thursday-Tuesday, so I am excited for tax-free clothes, cheap groceries, and my family and friends. You will get the pictorial recap from my new camera!

1 comment:

Ms. Arbitrage said...

I'm glad you get to go home soon!

I feel the same way about farmers' markets as you do about the Metro. I know what I want when I get there, so if no one was slowly meandering in front of me, I could be in and out in five minutes. FAST WALKERS UNITE!