It's affirmative: I'm the worst blogger ever. In my own defense, this semester has been out of control. Starting a new job, taking classes, watching Janai leave for Afghanistan, interviewing for a potential different job, and making sure I am getting everything else done is really making me crazy. Luckily, I have just a month left of school and I will be home free. So far, this semester, I've written 11 papers, read way over 2,000 pages, completed 7 presentations, and done 2 group projects. Additionally, I've maintained my goals of working out 5-6 times a week and even ran another 5K (on the treadmill, but it still counts!) and tried to keep lifting weights.
D.C. on election night was ELECTRIC. I was so happy with the results; I share this sentiment with many that I know. I watched the election with other public policy schools (GW, Georgetown, AU and George Mason) in Cleveland Park and every single bar in the city was packed. After 11:15pm EST when they announced Obama's win, the streets were rushed with people. Nearby, in U-Street, there were people jumping and shouting into all hours of the night. I am so thankful I was in DC on such a fun night!
There are no quick solutions to anything we are doing, but it seems as though Obama is ready to roll up his sleeves and work it out. My main happiness is that I am excited about the direction our country will go in, regardless of the fact that there are relatively few "quick" wins and the road ahead will be a long one.
11.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment