2.19.2006

Que paso, paso? Oye mi amor!!!




It's always nice to find a sweet, new, and fun place in the ciudades, which has recently occured.

Props to Schmathy Schmam who was the original instigator of this grand (or should I say GRANDE) idea! We took our first trip to Conga last Friday, and coupled with Rosa the Latin Dancing Queen, we tore up the floor from 9-1am at our new fav salsa, meringue, bachatta, cumbia, reggaeton, and sometimes Spanish hip-hop venue. Not only can you dance with all your pals, but the majority of the night is random men asking you to dance and then it real couple dancing, there is actual leading!!

Perhaps the most fabulous thing about Conga (besides the fact that if you get there before 9pm it's free) is that you can dance with strangers who may or may not speak English, but it is true dancing, that, more often than not, is infinatley less skank-a-licious than other dancing venues around the twin cities. That is not to say it's not still pretty hot (umm it is!) but it less about grinding then it is true dancing. And, maybe it was that random 16 years of my life spent in a dance studio, but I appreciate this!

The Conga obsession returned last night when I went again with Kristen and Rosa after fancy night. Even though the two random guys that were next to us were a little more pushy than we wanted, they were actually good dancers, so that was a plus! All during the night we danced with a lot of people, changing it up and having fun. The even threw in a song of 50 cent and Black Eyed Peas, which, although strange, was STELLAR!

Tonight I am going to an Indian Gala in St. Paul(me: shreiking with excitment) where I get to wear my best prom style salwar kameez, and have fun with all the hot Desi's plus Gups and her dad. All this with Indian music, dancing, and a cash bar. Accha!!

Conga remains the club du jour, I love it. Indian night will be stellar. So much culture in Minnesota. All the WASPS like me just have to seek it out. How fabulous!

1 comment:

Ms. Arbitrage said...

OH I am so jealous of BOTH Conga and your Bhangra concert. I went to a Latin jazz concert today, and I thought to myself, "I NEED to learn how to dance properly to this." When you come out here, we will go salsa dancing and Bhangra dancing and cause hot men to ask us out. CLEARly.