7.12.2006

DC and Beyond!

It's true, I finally went to DC last weekend in attempt to search for housing. It was a slight debaucle and I still don't have housing, but I am working on it. Hard core! Hopefully by the end of this week my life should be far less complicated and I will have my very own new permanent address!

I had a great time in DC with Kiri, Cath, and Drew. Kiri was nice enough to let me stay in her sweet LVC house which was lots of fun, even though it was a bit steamy. We even went to British Pop Night at a bar and listened to random underground British Pop and danced our hearts out. It was truly a timeless classic night! PS if you order a Tom Collins in DC, they do not put grenadine in it...WTF?

We also went to lots of other fun FREE place in DC. There is a ridiculous abundance of tstuff to do, which is truly sweet. I finally even got to see the end of the Holocaust Museum which I had to skip last time when I ran out of time. I can't wait to do fun stuff like that on the weekends!

Anyways, it was fun that American University came to life from the website, and even more affirming that when someone asked what type of economics that American was most known for, the chair of the department said, "development economics and international economics". Hot. Seems as though it will be a small MA class, but I think I will like it that way. Some other sweet stuff about American includes: free parking after 5pm, on campus Subway!, on campus bank, free shuttle to the metro, beautiful wooded campus, and at least three coffeeshops INCLUDING one in the library. HOT. If all goes well and I get the apt that I want, i will only be a mile or so from campus which is great, and right on the metro!

The one apartment I looked at was enough to make me NOT move, seeing as it was 350 square feet of hell for $1030 a month. Seriously, The fridge was in the sleeping area. Ugh. I know I have to get used to higher rent, but I also need to remember I need at least a comfortable place go live so I don't go completly insane.

I told them at work today that I was leaving and even though the public announcement has not been made, many people told me they were sad to see me leave and that I should visit lots. It was nice to hear, especially since I've only really been working there for 9 months or so, but wow has that time flown by. Only three weeks left of the sweet retail discount (this is actually good, though).

Life to dos: put a trailer hitch on my beautiful car (sad, but a must)
rent me a sweet uhaul
plan the east coast thanksgiving extravaganza!!! =)
go to the zoo in MN

No comments: