This weekend was ridiculously sweet in the fact that I got 13 hours of sleep on Friday night and then took a nap today. I figured the Outlets at Albertville in the 100 degree heat was enough "activity" for one weekend. In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, " shopping is my cardio!"
So my good pal Lindsey is leaving for the Peace Corps TOMORROW. She is going to Benin, Africa (think next to Nigeria on the coast), and will be there for two years and three months as a rural health voulenteer in HIV/AIDS education. As I was talking to her on the phone for the last time yesterday, I was so excited for her and extremely happy about what she will be able to provide her village in Africa. She is truly one of the wisest people I know (seriously, WISE is the exact word) and I couldn't be happier for her right now. We will miss you lots Reimenstein!!! I can't wait to hear how it all ends up and what you end up learning.
I got a Chris Botti CD from the libs this week along and it is stellar. What sweet jazz music, perfect for anything. It just makes you want to lay on a couch in front of a fireplace and hang out. Sigh...
Luckily I told Marshall Fields that my last day will be on August 4th, which means that I don't have to start my new job on the cookware/cutlery team (thank God!). Although I enjoy knives and pots, I will stick to glassware for the remainder of my three weeks there. I am really glad I will not have a discount there anymore after that day! Ha! But my family is not!
I am off to make a giant pile of stuff to fax to the US government tomorrow in order to get a job in DC. Hopefully, the fax will find some roundabout way to finally make it there (note: US Federal Government Job Searching is enough to make one VOMIT!, have I said this yet?)
I am going to have to plan some sort of big soiree before I leave for DC. Not a party because I am leaving, but holy crap, it is about time people got together again!

1 comment:
What are you applying for with teh Feds?
Post a Comment