
Word on the street is that I finally found housing in DC last night. The rumors (that I started!) are true!
So the search for housing ends with drama, as the whole frickin process really has in general.
I found a sweet situation on Craig's List while I was searching the options whilst at work. so, I finally email one of the listings, and the dude calls me back circa 2 seconds after I push send. WOW! He explains that the room was going to be occupied by a law student transferring from some law school in Florida to go to the law school at AU, but at the last minute she decided to stay in Florida. So, he is in a bind and needs someone right away. Yesssss! So, as I am talking to him he gets a call on the other line. It, apparently is her, and she is changing her mind again (well, I can't really be a hater, I do the same thing) and might be coming back, so the room might really not be available. Grrrrrreat.
Then he proceeds to tell me that he has one girl looking at the house last night, but she is a student at Georgetown and I have preference because I am an AU student. He will have to call me later in the night after the law student actually decides whether she is going to transfer or not.
MEANWHILE I am waiting to hear back from these other girls about living with them.
He calls at 8pm as I am driving home from JPs American Bistro. No word yet, but he is going to give her an ultimatum that she has to decide tonight, and how late will I be up?
As frickin long as it takes to know!
I finally get a call at 11:15pm and he says she is staying in Florida and I get the room. This is when sheer joy encompasses me and I realize that my endless search for housing has finally ended. Not only is there a place for my car in the driveway (not paying for street parking in DC, schwing!!!), I have three roommates that are all in law school at AU. There will be 2 guys and 2 gals, and I will share a bathroom with a French exchange student who is 24 and getting her LLM in DC. Yeah!!!
Needless to say, I am super pumped. I am only 7 minute walk from the metro and 1.17 miles to AU. "Perfect for visitors" is what they've been telling me, so this means YOU!
Map quest says it is 1101.96 miles away, and will take an estimated 17 hours and 44 minutes.
One challenge at a time!!!!!!

1 comment:
YAY! So happy that this worked out for you! Believe me, I know what a pain in the ass looking for housing can be.
I am very glad it is "visitor friendly". *wink*
Post a Comment