Thanks to DC's wacky ice storm, my car is frozen in place. It was plowed into its parking spot, and there was a layer about a 3/4"thick of solid ice on the car. After scraping my car and freeing my windshield wipers from 5" of snow and ice that was collected on top, my car was so stuck in the parking spot nothing would help. I just watched a guy try to get his out for 30 minutes. Finally somone came and helped him push. He had a four-wheel drive car, so I think Halo and I are outta luck for going anywhere today, which sucks becuase I have the day off and it is great to do errands when everyone is at work. This will obviously not be the case. BOO! maybe I will try Kevin's hot water trick, but the problem is the 2.5' ice, yes ICE, bank that is behind the car.
Plus yesterday there was drama on the metro (wait, there is drama on the metro every day)...So transportation in general sucked pretty bad. I actually had to take the metro/shuttle to campus which took an HOUR to go four miles. SUCK.
Luckily class was stellar, so the end of the day came with a tiny glimmer of hope.

1 comment:
That's bizarre, but I hope all is going well for you otherwise! What kind of reading are you doing--mostly policy stuff? Theory, too?
Post a Comment