Today I made a real dinner with a recipe. It was a weight watchers 3 point chicken fried rice recipe which involved brown rice, chicken, garlic, shallots, carrots, soy sauce, scrambled egg-whites, and pea pods.
Of course I basically had none of those ingredients, so I stopped at Safeway to pick them up. I thought I bought garlic, but I actually bought small white onions instead. Umm, blonde moment? Seriously, how could I have not realized they were not garlic cloves? Either way, I had two types of onions instead of garlic and shallots (even though I think the little white onions I bought were actually shallots and what I bought thinking they were shallots were actually green onions). This is how unskilled I am at cooking.
Of course I didn't want to buy raw chicken (gross!) so I decided to use my fajita flavored pre-cooked chicken strips that I already had. FYI, fajita chicken tastes nothing like the chicken in regular fried rice, but it worked. Instead of using garlic, I put some garlic salt in. After the soy sauce the whole lot was pretty salty, but not too salty to make it taste bad, so I was okay with it!
Either way, after chopping, chopping, chopping, sauteing, cooking brown rice (which takes considerably more time than white rice), scrambling egg whites only, I combined my fajita flavored chicken, onion rich veggie saute conglomerate and soy sauce, and guess what, IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Delicious and super good for you. I am going to eat it at lunch tomorrow, too, yesss!!! I am obviously a master chef, obviously.

No comments:
Post a Comment